You are not connected. Please login or register

Human (not dog) related detox

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:37 pm

mistqueen

Mod
Mod
I take for my adrenals a supplement from the Naturalpath called STRS by NaturPharm their website is [Only admins are allowed to see this link] It sure has helped with energy when I remember to take it.

102 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:38 pm

wen

Alpha Hall of Fame
Alpha Hall of Fame
memory..geez I could use something to help that!!

103 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:59 pm

JeanJean

Alpha Hall of Fame
Alpha Hall of Fame
mistqueen wrote:I take for my adrenals a supplement from the Naturalpath called STRS by NaturPharm their website is [Only admins are allowed to see this link] It sure has helped with energy when I remember to take it.

That link says under construction and I tried googling but couldn't find any info on the supplement. Do you have another link by chance?

104 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:23 am

mistqueen

Mod
Mod
I do have another link [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

105 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:45 am

JeanJean

Alpha Hall of Fame
Alpha Hall of Fame
Thanks. That got me to what looked like a home page but all links seem to lead to 'under construction' pages. I would love to see what that STRS is because I have adrenal exaustion but will no longer take the cortisol one doctor had me on since it's one of the ones that causes weight gain and I've had enough of that side effect.

106 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:48 pm

di

Pattison CET.
Pattison CET.
I was put on one called "GSF" by Genestra for adrenal support. I did feel a difference taking it, although my mind did feel cloudy (not sure if that was from the supplement, though, and haven't yet had a chance to ask the nutritionist).

Here is a link so you can see what it is.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

http://www.holmesonhounds.com

107 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:53 pm

mistqueen

Mod
Mod
I'll tell you what is in my pill:

Vitamins:
Vitamin C 200.0 MG
Vitamin B 5 200.0 MG

Minerals:
Zinc 7.5 MG
Chromium 25.0 MCG

Lyophilized Glanular Extracts:

Adrenal Cortex (Bovine) 50.0 MG
Adrenal Whole Gland

Botanicals

Avena sativa seed (Wild Oat)
Panex Ginseng
Licorice
Chinese Schizandra
Acerola

All of this is in a protein base.

I take 2 capsules 3 times a day with my meals.

I can also recommend a great compounding naturalpathic pharmacy that is in Courtenay.

Marigold Natural Pharmacy
100-576 England Ave
Courtenay, BC
V9M 3H3
1-877-783-9669

Call them they offer natural alternatives and have a mail order book with everything they offer.

108 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:14 pm

di

Pattison CET.
Pattison CET.
I thought I'd give an update on my detox (if anyone is interested!). :mrgreen:

I've now finished day 11 (well, for all intents and purposes), and I'm a bit more than half done. I'm pretty surprised that I made it this far, and there have been a few difficult days (mostly when the hubby has been making pizza in the toaster oven!), but now it feels so much easier. I worked 10 hours yesterday, and then had to get up at 5:30 today to get to work. I can't believe it, but I still feel great! Finally, I have the energy that I've been waiting for!

A girl at work is thinking about doing this detox, mostly because she can see how much weight I've lost (probably 10 lbs already), and the "sparkle" in my eyes. I actually do feel different!

I hope the next 10 days are smooth sailing! Well, 10 days then about 7 days of re-introducing food one at a time!

109 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:36 pm

GreenFireflyGirl

Omega Admin
Omega Admin
Yes, but do you smell like seaweed?

I once had an employee doing the cabbage soup diet, I had to tell her to go home and come back after she started eating normally again. At least you don't smell like cabbage and it's side effects!

110 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

di

Pattison CET.
Pattison CET.
Oh, I think my breath is pretty ripe from not eating for 11 days - I believe it's from ketosis. Today I went to the health store and bought internal deodorant! It's actually supposed to stop the smell coming from your stomach. Hope it works!

111 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 pm

GreenFireflyGirl

Omega Admin
Omega Admin
Is it yucca? Read somewhere that it is a good supplement to get rid of the smelly farts (in dogs) wanted to look into it for Connor!

112 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:13 am

Patty

Puppy
Puppy
GreenFireflyGirl wrote:

Is it yucca? Read somewhere that it is a good supplement to get rid of the smelly farts (in dogs) wanted to look into it for Connor!

OMG that cracked me up spitcoffee

113 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:35 am

di

Pattison CET.
Pattison CET.
Ha - no it's chlorophyll. But maybe it works on doggy breath! :mrgreen:

114 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 am

Sharyl

Alpha Hall of Fame
Alpha Hall of Fame
Way to go Di :) I lost the same amount of weight (just as quickly) when I went on the South Beach diet. I actually didn't find the restrictive phase difficult at all, but fell right off the rail when it came time to add stuff back in. Oh and - beware of diarrhea! The first thing I ate that I missed terribly was yogurt, and wow... Not such a good result!

115 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:05 pm

kysmom

Certified Dog Trainer
Certified Dog Trainer
Yucca root is actually really good for inflammation for joints in dogs. I give it to Abby all winter instead of Metacam ... it doesn't cure it, but it eases the pain of her hip dysplasia

116 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:53 pm

wen

Alpha Hall of Fame
Alpha Hall of Fame
Happy Earth day ladies! I found an interesting website I thought I would share...

117 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:38 pm

di

Pattison CET.
Pattison CET.
I found a great book tonight! I went to a "digestive health" clinic - for a colonic as part of my detox. You're supposed to feel great after, so I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

The book is called "The nine biggest problem foods" - and talks about common allergens, as well as giving recipes that eliminate all of them! When I spotted it I bought it right away...it looks so interesting.

I found a link if anyone is interested. After hearing how many of you have given up wheat, sugar, corn, etc. thought you might be interested!

118 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:45 am

mistqueen

Mod
Mod
Thanks Di, I am going to go have a look at it. Let me know what you think of the book. :)

119 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:46 am

mistqueen

Mod
Mod
abbysmom wrote:Yucca root is actually really good for inflammation for joints in dogs. I give it to Abby all winter instead of Metacam ... it doesn't cure it, but it eases the pain of her hip dysplasia

Good to know, as I want to give something to Raisin for his sore joints he gets in the winter.

120 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:27 am

Laurie

Mod
Mod
Way to stick with it, Di! How is the no-smoking going?

When I changed my eating habits a few years ago, one of the first things I tackled was sodium. I had a "salt tooth" rather than a sweet tooth (I was puffy and my BP was sky high).

I stopped adding salt to food, plus purchased food that was low in sodium (my goal was no more than 5% per serving on the label). That effectively eliminated all processed foods. It's almost impossible to achieve that goal (even bran cereal has a higher level), but reading labels made me more conscious of what I was buying and the nutrients.

It took about 2 weeks before food stopped tasting bland and I became very creative with herbs and no sodium spices. Now I can't even eat things like canned salmon- the saltiness is overwhelming.

I still have a problem with retaining fluid (since my 20's). In addition to drinking lots of water, does anyone have any suggestions for natural products that can help with this?

121 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:53 am

LeeLee

Alpha Admin
Alpha Admin
Something similar happened to me years ago, Laurie. I was a ballet dancer for years and kept myself thin on a very restrictive diet. I wouldn't say I was anorexic - prefer terming it 'highly selective' or 'hyper-puritanical' eating lol.. - since I still ate and didn't starve myself, but would not let anything pass my lips unless it was healthy, organic, no fat, etc. I haven't drank milk in years - I use powdered milk in my tea, which has the dairy fat hydrated right out of it. One afternoon - we're going back, oh, maybe 15 years or so when I was still dancing - I met my mum for lunch. Put regular homogenized milk in my tea since they didn't have 2% or skim - I was sick to my stomach shortly afterwards. My body was so used to having no dairy - or any fats for that matter - that the fat in the milk made me horribly ill. It's interesting how the body reacts when you eat something it's not used to, especially when it's not healthy - your body goes 'yuck!' (or yucca lol..).

122 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:00 am

kysmom

Certified Dog Trainer
Certified Dog Trainer
LeeLee ... i've been vegetarian for over 15 years, I'm terrified to think what would happen if I ate meat again! Last summer I had a virgin cesar ... made with clamato juice (not by ME LOL!) I was violently ill and missed out on three days of my vacation ... all from one drink!

It's amazing what you're body does to tell you things!

Marion

123 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:13 am

LeeLee

Alpha Admin
Alpha Admin
It must've been the clams! I love Cesars - I'm such a lush at the cottage - we do a pre-dinner Cesar-fest just about every day lol.... Aren't Cesars a Canadian phenom? In the 'States they call it a Bloody Mary, but it's made with just tomato juice - only Cesars are made with Clamato... Maybe you should've specified this? LOL! I was vegetarian for years, until a boyfriend convinced me to have a little turkey at Thanksgiving one year and that was it - fell off the wagon and never looked back lol...

124 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:17 am

Laurie

Mod
Mod
Leah- same thing happened to me after 4 months of clean eating (too clean). Had french fries with my meal on my birthday and had to leave abruptly with major pain and explosive, um, side effects.

Had to start adding more fat into my diet again. Actually more sodium as well. Blood tests showed the latter was too low and even my good cholesterol was too low. Just started adding a bit of olive oil to salads and things. Eventually found a good balance.

Yikes Marion.

125 Re: Human (not dog) related detox on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:23 am

kysmom

Certified Dog Trainer
Certified Dog Trainer
So I am on day 4 of my restricted regime (i don't like the word diet LOL) ... and you know what's weird ... I don't feel any different at all ...

All I'm allowed to eat is fruits, veggies (no corn, potatoes, peas, carrots), and protein. Oh yeah, if I want bread ... I can eat Melba Toast LOL ... yuck!

I guess being vegetarian for so long has been a positive ... but man oh man, I do miss my rice and pasta! With my luck that will be the food that feeds my cysts and I'll never be able to eat them again! yikes!

Di - how are you doing? Still going strong? I hope it's going well for you!

Marion

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum